Graduate School ambassadors are selected for their determination and hard work in their studies, as well as their ability to share their knowledge and experience with prospective students. They represent a range of degree programs, matched by a wide variety of life experiences.
Become a graduate ambassador
Can't say enough great things about Wayne State? Consider applying to be a graduate ambassador! Ambassadors have the opportunity to give back to Wayne State University by participating in Graduate School events, webinars, and other virtual and in-person meetings with prospective graduate students. The program pays a tuition scholarship of $500 in fall and winter semesters.
- Be enrolled as a graduate student at Wayne State University for at least one full academic year.
- Maintain a 3.0 G.P.A. in your graduate studies.
- Must be able to attend a one hour mandatory orientation meeting in August.
- Must be able to attend (4) monthly meetings starting in September 2019.
- Graduate Ambassadors will be required to attend events, such as the Graduate Open House on October 2, 2019, the Graduate and Postdoctoral Research Symposium in March 2020, as well as other Graduate School events.
- Upload an unofficial copy of your Wayne State transcript.
- Add a 500 word or less essay, describing your interest in the Graduate Ambassador program, any community involvement, diversity engagement, leadership experience and your academic or extra-curricular duties.
The final candidates for this program will be interviewed in mid-July. Decisions on Graduate Ambassadors will be announced in late July.
Please contact Graduate Programs Outreach Specialist Shantelle Cavin at email@example.com or (313) 577-0096 with any questions about the Graduate Ambassador program.