Graduate Research Symposium
March 6 - 8, 2023
The Graduate School will host its 13th annual Graduate Research Symposium (GRS) from March 6-8, 2023. The event will take place virtually on Whova and will run each day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Congratulations to the 2023 GRS winners
Neighboring institutions have once again been invited to present their research alongside graduate students and postdoctoral scholars from Wayne State University. The GRS is the only forum that brings together scholars from all the programs across campus, allowing for a unique opportunity to experience the breadth of research conducted at the university.
- Monday, March 6 kicks off with platform presentations on pregnancy and adolescence, mental well-being, and STEM related topics.
- Tuesday, March 7 platform presentations include research on diversity, equity and inclusion, technology, and the environment.
- Wednesday, March 8 the Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) competition takes place in-person on campus at Bernath Auditorium in the Undergraduate Library. 3MT participants will present their research in a compelling oration of three minutes or less.
- Poster presentations featuring a wide range of research topics will take place each day of the GRS.
- It all culminates at Bernath Auditorium with an awards ceremony that will be streamed live on Whova, announcing the awardees who could win up to $1,000.
The GRS is free to attend and open to the public.