Welcome to Wayne State University's Graduate School! We are excited to offer a range of training programs and support for graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and faculty. Please explore the opportunities available for funding, mentorship and professional development provided by the Graduate School. Programs like BEST (Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training), and our new micro-credentialing initiative work to develop and showcase the skills and experience essential for career success.
– Dean Ambika Mathur, Ph.D.
Explore career outcomes for Wayne State doctoral alumni using the interactive Alumni Census Project dashboard.
- Wayne State among 15 universities nationwide selected to gather data about Ph.D. career pathways
- WSU-BEST presents at the 2nd Annual Future of Bioscience Graduate and Postdoctoral Training (FOBGAPT2) Meeting in Denver, CO
- Dawn Batts, Ph.D. student in the Department of Anthropology receives American Association of University Women (AAUW) American Dissertation Fellowship
- Congratulations to Graduate School Dean, Ambika Mathur, Ph.D., recipient of the 2017 Wayne Women LEAD Woman of Distinction Award
Serving master’s students, doctoral students, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate faculty members across all schools and colleges at Wayne State by:
- Providing leadership in advancing knowledge and excellence in graduate and postdoctoral education
- Cultivating a supportive environment for research, scholarly activities and other creative endeavors that are integral to the success of a diverse body of trainees and faculty in an urban setting
- Engaging the community in these endeavors