Become a graduate ambassador
The ambassador application for the 2023-2024 term is closed.
The Graduate Ambassador program pays a stipend of $1,000 in the fall and $1,000 in the winter semesters.
Looking for a resume builder while earning some extra money? The Graduate Ambassador program provides graduate students an opportunity to give back through a variety of methods, including recruitment events (both in-person and virtual), networking opportunities, and content creation. The Graduate Ambassador program aims to have a representative from every WSU school and college.
Additionally, graduate ambassadors will serve as social media liaisons for the Graduate School, sharing and promoting events and content with their networks.
- Be enrolled as a graduate student at Wayne State University for the entire 2023-24 academic year.
- Maintain a 3.0 G.P.A. in your graduate program.
- Must be able to attend a one-hour mandatory orientation (virtual) meeting in September.
- Must be able to attend monthly meetings (at least two per semester) starting in October.
- Must maintain at least two (2) active social media profiles across any of the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok that you plan to use to promote Graduate School content.
- Create at least one original piece of content sharing your experience as a graduate student per semester on a topic mutually agreed upon by the writer and Graduate School team; examples include blog posts, videos, and Instagram takeovers.
- Share at least two social posts per semester per account (up to two accounts) promoting Graduate School events, campaigns, or articles.
- Upload an unofficial copy of your Wayne State transcript.
- A short written response describing why you want to be a graduate ambassador, your community involvement, DEI experience, leadership experience, and any extra-curricular duties.
- List your two most active social media accounts, including username and how often you post (number of posts per week or month); any private accounts will be requested to be followed by Graduate School accounts.
The final candidates for this program will be interviewed in August. Decisions on graduate ambassadors will be announced by Friday, Aug. 25.
Please contact Geari Viney, Ph.D., M.B.A., graduate programs outreach specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-0210 with any questions about the Graduate Ambassador program.