Become a graduate ambassador
Application deadline: August 1, 2022. The application period is now closed. Contact Nick Mattar at email@example.com for questions about the application process and to be notified when the 2023 ambassador application becomes available.
Amount: Pays a tuition scholarship of $500 in the fall semester and $500 in the winter semester.
Looking for a resume builder while earning some money toward your tuition? The Graduate Ambassador Program provides graduate students an opportunity to attend Graduate School events (both in-person and virtual), the Graduate Research Symposium (March), webinars, and other opportunities to speak with prospective students about the Graduate Warrior experience. Graduate Ambassadors will also serve as social media liaisons, sharing and promoting events and content with their networks. The program will have representation from every WSU school and college and an option to participate on the Graduate School dean's leadership advisory board.
- Be enrolled as a graduate student at Wayne State University for at least one full academic year.
- Maintain a 3.0 G.P.A. in your graduate program.
- Must be able to attend a one-hour mandatory orientation (virtual) meeting in August.
- Must be able to attend (4) monthly meetings for the academic year starting in September 2022.
- Must maintain at least two (2) active social media profiles across any of the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Create two (one per semester) original pieces of content, e.g. blog post (250-500 words), Instagram takeover or reel, 1 – 3 minute video on a topic mutually agreed upon by the student and Graduate School team.
- Share social posts promoting Graduate School events, campaigns, or articles.
- Enter a self-reported GPA.
- Add a 500 word or less essay, describing your interest in the Graduate Ambassador Program, any community involvement, mentoring, diversity engagement, leadership experience and your academic or extracurriculars.
- List your two most active social media accounts, including username, follower count, and number of posts per week (approximately).
Written for students by student ambassadors.