Become a graduate ambassador
Looking for a resume builder while earning some money toward your tuition? The Graduate Ambassador Program provides graduate students an opportunity to give back through a variety of methods, including: Graduate School events (both in-person and virtual), the Postdoctoral Research Symposium (March), webinars, and other virtual and in-person meetings with prospective graduate students. Additionally, Graduate Ambassadors will serve as social media liaisons for the Graduate School, sharing and promoting events and content with their networks.
The program pays a tuition scholarship of $500 in fall and winter semesters.
- Be enrolled as a graduate student at Wayne State University for at least one full academic year.
- Maintain a 3.0 G.P.A. in your graduate program.
- Must be able to attend a one-hour mandatory orientation (virtual) meeting in August.
- Must be able to attend (4) monthly meetings for the academic year starting in September 2020.
- Must maintain at least two (2) active social media profiles across any of the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Write at least two original articles for Wayne State Graduate School (250-500 words) per semester on a topic mutually agreed upon by the writer and Graduate School team
- Share at least two social posts per month per account (up to two accounts) promoting Graduate School events, campaigns, or articles
Application currently closed, reopens every summer
Please contact Graduate Programs Outreach Specialist Shantelle Cavin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 577-0096 with any questions about the Graduate Ambassador program.