Other applications

Graduate reapply

To reapply, submit a new application for the term and program of your choice. If your first application is less than 1 year old, we will use any official documents you submitted with that application to process your new application. If you reapply to a new program, there may be additional admission requirements to fulfill.

Change of status

If you were previously enrolled in a graduate program at Wayne State University and would like to change your academic program, do not complete a new application. Instead, complete the Change of Status Request and work directly with the department you'd like to join, for admission into the program.

Graduate guest admission application

Use the Graduate Guest Application if you are currently pursuing a graduate degree at a regionally accredited college or university other than Wayne State and want to transfer one term of WSU graduate coursework back to your home institution. This status is valid for one term and a maximum of 12 semester credits. An applicant may apply for a subsequent term by submitting a new guest application.

Graduate permit to register application

The permit to register option is not available in all university schools and colleges. Before submitting the Graduate Permit to Register Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions, you must receive written approval from your college or department.

MIGS application

Wayne State University graduate students who are in good standing in a degree program are eligible to take graduate courses at several graduate schools in Michigan through the Michigan Intercollegiate Graduate Studies (MIGS) Program.  You must receive prior approval from WSU and your potential host institution to participate in the program.

WSU and UM dual-registration program 

Wayne State University graduate students who are in good standing in a degree program may, at the option of their home department, elect to enroll in graduate courses at the University of Michigan, subject to certain guidelines.  You must complete the Wayne State UniversityUniversity of Michigan Dual-Registration Program application to participate.  Tuition and enrollment will be handled by the Wayne State University Office of the Registrar. Contact the Wayne State University Office of the Registrar – Exceptions and Special Programs at esp@wayne.edu or (313) 577-3541 for additional information.