Steps for admitted students
So, you've been accepted. Congratulations! What's next? You will receive an email from the Graduate School instructing you to log in to your application to view your official offer of admission letter. Your admission letter contains your Wayne State University AccessID, Student ID, and important information about registration.
Note: Offers of admission are made for a specific term. Students wishing to be considered for admission at a later date will be required to complete a new application for the future term and program. Contact your program as soon as possible if you are considering a change. Any official documents submitted (i.e., transcripts and test scores) will automatically transfer to your new application.
Activate your student record
- Activate your WSU AccessID and email accounts.
- Get your OneCard, your multipurpose identification, and debit card. It provides students, faculty, staff, alumni, and recognized affiliates access to a wide variety of campus services in a convenient, easy-to-use card. The OneCard Office located at The Welcome Center, 42 W. Warren, Detroit, is currently open Monday-Thursday by appointment only. Call: 313-577-2273 to make an appointment.
Finalize your admission
- Need to change your term of enrollment? First, contact your program, then submit a new application for a future term.
- Submit your official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Register for classes.
- Upload your bank statement to your online application.
- Upload your Affidavit of Support to your online application.
- Request an academic evaluation from WES, ECE or SpanTran to be electronically sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) for a new student checklist. International students must also attend a mandatory immigration 101 and check-in session with OISS.
- Reach out to your faculty program advisor.
- Register for classes.
Student support services
- Student Health Insurance
- Immunization requirements
- Virtual campus tour
- Campus map
- Parking and transportation
- Childcare resources
- On-campus housing. Resources to search for apartments off campus include forrent.com, rent.com, and apartmentlist.com. ApartmentGuide.com offers a specialized rental property search tool exclusively for Wayne State University students.
- The Wayne State University Police emergency number is 313-577-2222.
- Get to know Detroit!
- Read the Graduate Bulletin, where you will find all Graduate School policies and procedures as well as those for the schools and colleges.
- Read the Student Code of Conduct
- Visit the Dean of Students website, a repository of news about the Warrior experience, list of student events and organizations.