Research Symposium Scholar Visit
The Graduate School is pleased to announce the second annual Research Symposium Scholar Visit. The visit will take place March 2-3, 2020, dates scheduled to coincide with the Graduate and Postdoctoral Research Symposium. We are soliciting nominations of prospective students who have already applied for F2020 admission to a master's or Ph.D program at Wayne State, or have indicated a strong interest in applying in future.
The Research Symposium Scholar Visit is designed to help master's and PhD programs at Wayne State recruit outstanding domestic students who are underrepresented in their discipline or program, including first-generation students, to Wayne State. Since this is first and foremost a recruitment visit, priority will be given to nominees that a department anticipates admitting with an offer of funding.
The deadline to submit a nomination is Tuesday, January 28, 2020 by 11:59 pm. Departments and selected participants will be notified by February 4, 2020.
Participants in the visit will:
- Have up to $500 in travel costs, plus an overnight stay and meals covered by the Graduate School during their visit.
- Participate in a welcome dinner and mixer with current students on March 2
- Visit departments and tour campus facilities on March 3
- Participate in the Graduate and Postdoctoral Research Symposium on March 3
Nominating departments will:
- Agree to cover travel costs above $500 (departments are encouraged to apply for matching recruitment funds from their school/college to cover any travel costs that exceed $500).
- Receive an invitation to join their nominee at welcome dinner on March 2.
- Host prospective students in their department in the morning on March 3.
Nominate a prospective student here: Research Symposium Scholar Visit Award Program Nomination Form.
Contact our Outreach Specialist Shantelle Cavin with questions.