Open postdoctoral position, faculty mentor Sokol Todi
The laboratories of Drs. Peter LeWitt, Aloke Dutta and Sokol Todi are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to spearhead a new line of collaborative research among the three principal investigators. The postdoc will be housed in the Department of Pharmacology, in the Scott Hall Building of Basic Medical Sciences at Wayne State University's School of Medicine. The major thrust of the research is for better understanding of the neurobiology of Parkinson's Disease (PD) and translation of that knowledge to develop novel therapeutic approaches. The project stretches across disciplines—from medicinal chemistry to available cellular and animal models of PD—and is geared towards achieving groundbreaking steps in the field. Among the research approaches to be investigated are gene therapy, exosome-delivered microRNA, ferroptosis inhibition, antioxidant therapeutics, and disease-related biomarkers.
- Open-door access to Drs. LeWitt, Dutta and Todi.
- Regular meetings with the entire group to ensure progress.
- Work in a newly renovated area of Scott Hall Building of Basic Medical Sciences with ample space for social distancing and shared resources with other investigators.
- Competitive salary and benefits exceeding NIH suggested range.
- Opportunity to write and submit grant applications with close guidance by the mentors.
- Free access to various professional development events at WSU to help towards the next career step.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or similar field within the last three calendar years as of the date of application.
- Demonstrated primary research publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated expertise in cell biology.
- Additional expertise in biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, vertebrate animal work highly desirable.
Required application materials
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to Dr. Sokol Todi at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available immediately, with flexibility for start-date.