Open postdoctoral position, faculty mentor Paulo Caceres
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Paulo Caceres at Henry Ford Health System to study mechanisms of epithelial polarity and cell-cell communication in the kidney. Research will be conducted in the Integrative Biosciences Center, home of the Hypertension and Vascular Research Division and a highly collaborative research environment.
Successful applicants will participate in one or both of our research programs funded by NIH and the American Heart Association, merging the fields of diabetes, renal and vascular physiopathology:
- Mechanisms of establishment and maintenance of epithelial polarity.
- Crosstalk between kidney epithelium and microvasculature in diabetic kidney disease.
- Expertise in western blot, immuno-labeling and routine molecular biology techniques.
- Proficiency in literature search and statistical analysis.
- Strong interest in renal physiology, epithelial and vascular cell biology.
- Preferred but not required: Prior experience with cell culture and laboratory animal research.
- Applicants from underrepresented groups in science are highly encouraged to apply.
Required application materials
Interested applicants, please send CV and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Paulo Caceres: firstname.lastname@example.org.