Open postdoctoral position, faculty mentor Jason Mateika
The work completed in the clinical lab is designed to explore if repeated daily exposure to mild intermittent hypoxia reduces sympathetic nervous system activity and blood pressure both directly, and indirectly via enhanced compliance with continuous positive airway pressure, in humans with sleep apnea that have intact or injured spinal cords.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Prior experience writing manuscripts.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Willing to perform experiments in a human research laboratory.
- Reliable and willing to work flexible hours.
- Prior experience (or willingness to learn skills) in measuring microneurography and non-invasive measures of respiratory, cardiovascular and autonomic function during wakefulness and sleep.
Required application materials
Cover letter and CV
Submit materials via email to Dr. Jason Mateika, email@example.com.