Dean's Diversity Fellowships
The Dean's Diversity Fellowship is designed to attract new doctoral students to Wayne State University. The fellowship covers two academic years during which fellows have no service requirements. The fellowship includes a living allowance of $20,000, tuition up to 10 graduate credits per term at the effective in-state Graduate School tuition rate, as well as subsidized medical, dental and vision care insurance for 12 months per year.
- Dean's Diversity Fellowships are for new doctoral students only–it cannot be awarded to continuing students.
- Eligibility is restricted to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Fellows must register for a minimum of eight credit hours fall and winter semesters, maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average each semester, and otherwise make satisfactory progress towards the degree.
- Fellows may not hold graduate assistantships, other fellowships, internships, traineeships, scholarships, or any other employment during the fellowship period.
- As stated by university policy, Wayne State employees, i.e. persons providing a service to the university, are not eligible to receive fellowships.
Nominations must be made by program graduate directors, and nominations are encouraged for minorities, women, persons with disabilities or individuals from cultural, linguistic, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds who otherwise would not be adequately represented in the doctoral program. Graduate programs must accept responsibility for supporting the student at the graduate assistant minimum compensation rate in the third and fourth year of study.
Nomination deadline: March 15, 2018
Award announcements will be made by March 31, 2018.
Before applying for or accepting any scholarship or fellowship, please consult with WSU Financial Aid regarding how such an award may affect your financial aid package, including loan eligibility.