Gateway to Your Future
The Graduate School at Michigan's only urban research university is among the twenty largest in the nation. It provides leadership in advancing graduate education and cultivates a supportive environment for research, scholarly activities and other creative endeavors that are integral to successful graduate students and faculty members.
- The dual-role clarification for grad students and postdoctoral trainees
- Wayne State is one of two universities to receive NIH's BEST & BUILD awards
- Dean Mathur and WSU featured in NIH Commonfund publication
- National Institutes of Health awards Detroit colleges $21.2 million to improve student diversity in biomedical research
- WSU Grad School Receives NIH's BEST Award
Our Featured Alumni
Laura Estill began her doctorate in English at Wayne State University in 2006 as a DeRoy Fellow. Her doctoral studies were supported by a Rumble Fellowship, a Graduate School Summer Dissertation Fellowship, a Renaissance Society of America Research Grant, and a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Doctoral Fellowship. In 2010, Laura defended her dissertation, and she has since spent time as a visiting assistant professor and postdoctoral fellow. Laura's research also has been published in a numerous journals and other publications.
In fall 2013, Laura will be joining the English Department and Initiative for Digital Humanities, Research, and Culture at Texas A&M University as a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Digital Shakespeare.