Gateway to Your Future
The Graduate School at Michigan's only urban research university is among the twenty largest in the nation. It provides leadership in advancing graduate education and cultivates a supportive environment for research, scholarly activities and other creative endeavors that are integral to successful graduate students and faculty members.
- Wayne State One of Two Universities to Recieve NIH's BEST & BUILD Awards
- Dean Mathur and WSU featured in NIH Commonfund publication
- National Institutes of Health awards Detroit colleges $21.2 million to improve student diversity in biomedical research
- Wayne State Writing Center Information -- Fall 2014
- Fall 2014 Graduate Professional Development Seminars
- More News
Our Featured Alumni
Casandra earned a Master’s Degree from WSU in 2003 and Ph.D. in Communication, also from Wayne State University, in 2011. She is the Vice President for College Advancement and Community Relations at Macomb Community College. In addition, Casandra serves as the Vice President of the State Board of Education in Michigan.
Casandra serves on several boards, including as President of the Women Officials Network, an organization dedicated to increasing women's participation in elective and appointive office regardless of party affiliation, Healthy Neighborhoods Detroit, and is an active volunteer K-9 handler with Search and Rescue of Michigan.
Casandra has been recognized as one of Michigan’s 40 under 40 by Crain’s Detroit Business, received the Service to Schools Award by the Macomb ISD and is the recipient of an honorary degree from her alma mater, St. Clair County Community College.